Re: Off Topic: Mailing Agents?

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > Yep, I remember the situation now -- Karsten sends his messages PGP
> > signed (I just checked). OE chokes on them :-). Signing messages is
> > good so I don't think he'll stop (it's just time for the rest of us to
> > catch up <wink).
>
> Actually, other people PGP sign their messages and I don't think I have
> the same problem... I'll pay more attention tomorrow.

I had recent problems with mutt's "legacy" pgp support. One must *NOT* allow
mutt to send non-pgp/mime messages, for they're sent with an application/pgp
mime type, which is obviously not a text/* variant :)

pgp/mime compliant messages are sent with a far more proper mime type, and
are perfectly readable in, e.g. pine.

I could care less about outcrook express -- which cannot handle multipart
pgp/mime messages right. If one is going to use bovine crap for a MUA, one
better be able to deal with the smell.

(this message sent non-signed to make sure even OE users can read it :P )

  Henrique Holschuh