Re: Getting CPU model and speed without rebooting

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 08:20:13AM +0200, Danie Roux wrote:
> I want to get the CPU's model and speed without rebooting.
>
> /proc/cpuinfo (to me anyway) is useless. Unless someone knows how to convert:
>
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 8
> model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
>
> To a PIII/450?
>
> --
> Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix

Thanks you all, lack of thinking on my part. I'm in a lab, and I assumed the PC
next to me (PIII 450) would be the same as the one I'm one. And that's why

cpu MHz         : 551.264

Didn't look right. Turns out there IS a good reason to reboot Linux now and
again.

Now I can finish my asset reporting bootdisk.

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix