netscape freeze, additional info

Ok,

freeze means that the machine don't react to ANYTHING, not even to:
- Ctrl-Alt-Fn
- Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
- login via telnet or serial line
- Ctrl-Alt-Del

Even a active telnet session from another host to that machine freezes so i have to kill it on that host. I didn't say freeze for no reason. Simply turning off a Linux box is something even I consider the last of all possible solutions!

The logfiles dont give me hints either, at least the 'popular' ones 'syslog' and 'messages' (which are especially hard to view on a frozen machine so i redirected them to another host).

My video card is a noname but it has a S3-Virge on it (dont know the name of the controller right now) and 2MB of ram. I know that that's not much, but I dont have the money for a 32MB card right now.

I guess I mentioned that I use icewm for my window-manager?

Unfortunatelly, I've also tried another browser, namely Opera5.0. It also freezes (surprise surprise) in the same way that Netscape4.76 does.

Ah yeah, Lynx works.

Hope that helps

rob