Re: CD-RW Question...

To make a CD-RW work, you have to recompile your kernel to include SCSI-Emulation.
Unless this is done, you won't be able to burn.

I have a HP 9510i and it works great, haven't made a coaster yet. I use the Verbatium
media, rated at 16x record speed.

Really good CD Bruning software is, xcdroast (apt-get install xcdroast) www.xcdroast.org
Check out the FAQ section, they have a link to the CD-Writing HOWTO and how to
configure SCSI-Emulation (pretty easy if you are familiar with compiling a kernel).

This is a list of all supported CD-R/RW drives:
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdwriters-1.9.html

Hope that helps..