Re: Still cannot get gnome up and running

All that you have to do, is go to your home directory, and type this command

	echo 'gnome-session' > ~/.xinitrc

It's ok that the file is not there, this will make it. That should do it, if
X is properly configured (sounds like it is, if you can get twm up and going)

* Alex Thomas (aathomas@home.com) wrote:
> There is no ~/.xsession or ~/.xinitrc on my system.  running gnome-session produces error
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
> SESSION_MANAGER=local/debian:/tmp/.ICE-unix/321,tcp/debian:1064
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
>
> Stumbling through two different books on how to set this up with no luck and local LUG is Mandrake/Red Hat/SuSE.
> Please help???

 -= Scott Adair =-
scott-adair@home.com