Mutt and KMail harmony?

Hello all:

  I presently use both KMail and Mutt to check my e-mail.  Fetchmail grabs my
e-mail from an IMAP server and stores it locally in /var/mail/jrashaad.  If
KMail isn't running, I use Mutt remotely to check my mail (leaving it in
/var/mail/jrashaad).  If KMail is running it picks it up, filters it, and
sticks it in various folders.

  The problem comes when I try to view one of those folders in Mutt.  I have
no problem viewing the folder and reading the e-mail, however when I try to
look at the same folder in KMail, suddenly the headers are wrecked, and KMail
switches the subject to 'No Subject' and the sender to 'Unknown'.  Checking
the folder again in Mutt, everything looks fine, but KMail refuses to touch
them from that point on.

  I think my solution might be stop using KMail, and just set up procmail to
do the filtering that KMail is doing now, but I'd rather keep using it.  Any
advice?  Here's my info:

Debian v.2.2r3 (Kernel 2.4.5)
Qt v.2.3.0
KDE v.2.1.2