Re: HELP! Can't boot no more - When Kernel Upgrades Go Bad

John,

You probably forgot to include support for ext2 filesystems in your new
kernel.

To try to get your machine running for now, boot your machine, and hold
down the shift key (IIRC...).

You should see the machine stop at boot:

Hitting <TAB> should give you a list of kernels you can chose (again, by
memory is foggy here, so it may be something else...). Hopefully you
have your old kernel image laying around (if you rebuilt your kernel the
Debian way (tm), you will have one). Chose the old kernel, and see if
that boots ok.

If that all fails, go ahead and re-install, just make sure that you have
ext2 enabled.

--Rich