Printproblem with CUPS and LaserJet 1100

Hey Boys and Girls!

I want to achieve that my LaserJet 1100 provides printing for my windows-network. Unter Suse I did this with Samba and some printing-installing with Yast. Under Debian I heard CUPS is the right utility. So i installed Cups and tried to configure it with my printer. The problem is, that Cups only gives me the possibility to connect the printer to a serial port - but my printer is on the paralell port.

Under Suse there was no problem with this configuration.

Any hints?

Martin, Austria