floppy disk and hard disk install

I've tried the floppy disk install and I'm not having
any success.  I've created two different sets of the
rescue and root disks.  I can boot fine from the
rescue disk, but I'm asked for the root disk _twice_.
I start with rescue, it loads, then it asks for root,
I put it in, it runs for a while, then it asks for
root again, so I just hit enter.  Then it says
something about [MSDOS FS Rel.12 FAT 16....then on the
last line I get Kernel Panic: VFS Unable to mount root
fs on 02:00.

So, on to attempting the hard disk installation.  I
pulled down rescue.bin, root.bin, linux, base2_2.tgz,
and the drivers.tgz and loadlin.exe and stuck them all
in c:\debian and ran the install.bat (I modified the
.bat file to reflect the location of loadlin and
linux).

Question: Does the path I put these files in matter?

It booted fine...up to a point, now I'm getting:

kmod: failed to exec /bin/true -s -k net-pf-1, errno=2

And it repeats over and over.

This sysmtem currently has WinME and SuSE Linux (since
6.4) in a dual-boot LILO setup.

=====
Daniel W. Casey
dwcasey@yahoo.com