Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 04:16:48PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> # apt-get install rpm
> # rpm -i --nodeps foo.rpm

Uh, wouldn't that be horribly dangerous, as it would bypass dpkg
altogether? Alien would probably be a safer choice...

> Debian is working with a group from RH and elsewhere on a interchangeable
> packaging system, but it is a ways off.

Hm. Sounds interesting. I think I have read of it somewhere. You
wouldn't have an URL available, would you? :-)

BR,

--
Matti Airas               Gorizont, Consul, WORM, NTIS, SEMTEX,
mairas@iki.fi             chaining, Lanceros, spook, JSOTF, SEAL Team