Re: Debian install/2.4 Kernel/ATA-100 RAID

hi marcus

you need to download the ata-100 patches

search google.com for
	"raid ata100 patches"

read the posts and info and experiences of others on
rh and debian et.al w/ ata100 and abit mb's

---
am confused...

are you using the abit onboard raid controller HPT370
( no /etc/raidtab needed ) or are you using sw raid ( /etc/raidtab ) ???

striped raid0 is good  for reading data back twice as
fast.... does not help much in writing data...
	- good for webservers presenting pages...

have fun raiding
alvin
http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Raid

== save your existing disks.... get a second pair of ide disks and
== see if the debian installer allows oyu to do "make raid"
== during its install

== if not... you can create the raid devices manually...
== a major pain in the butt if you dont have an existing "linux"
== running to create the partitions and format and mount it
== than install the distro into it