Re: (OT) Storage (8*IDE HDs) any experiences?

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 03:24:53PM -0500, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> Oh, and (since they sound like the kind of servers that come with
> monitors) don't plug monitors into UPSen.

Uhm, sorry, why not? I have connected a monitor (14", normally turned
off) to our server and to his USV so I can even read my email if
the whole campus is without mail. What's the problem with that apart
from the shorter period you can run on battery power?