Re: I forgot my root Password

>   Please I need your help, I know I`m a fuckin silly user, but I forgot my
> root password, please I need your help, how can I recover it?

get a bootdisk, boot the comp with it, mount your root partition or the
partition containing /etc, open /etc/shadow (or passwd depending on your
configuration) and you'll find a line like:

root:<insert mess of characters here>:11408:0:99999:7:::

simply remove the characters between "root:" and the next colon (in this
example "<insert mess of characters here>" and reboot without the bookdisk.
your password will now be blank so you just have to press enter. after that
just change your password to anything of your choice.