Re: removal catch-22

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 02:55:56PM +0200, Hans wrote:

> >dpkg --force-reinstreq --purge irda-common
> >
> >See dpkg(8) and dpkg --force-help for details. Be warned that this has the
> >potentiol to break your system. Realistically, it's probably ok for this
> >package, especially since you've never actually installed it properly.
> >

> I think you meant dpkg --force-remove-reinstreq --purge irda-common, but
> that returned..

Whoops. Brain fart.

> Removing irda-common ...
> Stopping IrDA Manager: dpkg: error processing irda-common (--purge):
>  subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
> Stopping irmanager...
> Stopping IrDA Manager: dpkg: error while cleaning up:
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  irda-common

The post-removal script will be /var/lib/dpkg/info/irda-common.postrm
Edit to taste, removing anything that it looks like you can do without
(or take a risk and stick exit 0 at the top). Then try again. (Need I remind
you to back the file up first, just in case?)

--
Andrew Suffield <asuffield@users.sourceforge.net>