Re: removal catch-22

>dpkg --force-reinstreq --purge irda-common
>
>See dpkg(8) and dpkg --force-help for details. Be warned that this has the
>potentiol to break your system. Realistically, it's probably ok for this
>package, especially since you've never actually installed it properly.

I think you meant dpkg --force-remove-reinstreq --purge irda-common, but
that returned..

Removing irda-common ...
Stopping IrDA Manager: dpkg: error processing irda-common (--purge):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
Stopping irmanager...
Stopping IrDA Manager: dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 irda-common

Now I just checked the boot messages and saw this...

Starting IrDA Manager: sh: /proc/sys/net/irda/devname: No such file or
directory
irmanager.

irmanager is installed, but there isn't an entry in /proc/sys/net for irda.
Could this be the reason? --Hans