Re: (OT) Storage (8*IDE HDs) any experiences?

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 08:18:20PM +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:

> Every production server that I've seen that has 2 PSUs has both
> continuously running. At hopefully < 50% capacity.

Interesting. Could you post the list of brand names/vendors so
that we'll know what not to buy.

... Of
> course, the irony is that as they are both routed to the same power
> inlet, if the fuse in the plug goes then you're buggered anyway! :-)

Tip of the day: plug them into 2 different UPSen connected to separate
power lines (pref. separate circuits).

Oh, and (since they sound like the kind of servers that come with
monitors) don't plug monitors into UPSen.

Dima (sorry, couldn't resist)
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)
http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/descript/gpgkey.dmaziuk.ascii -- GnuPG 1.0.4 public key