Parallel zips

I am sure this must be an FAQ, but I cannot find it.

Is it possible to use the standard Debian install process (Debian 2.2 r2) to
set up an external, parallel port 250Mb Iomega Zip drive? If so, what
modules / parameters do I need?

I have tried the imm module, but this will not install. (It just tells me
that "Device or resource busy". It adds, of course, that this can be caused
by incorrect parameters, but it will not accept any parameters I can think
to give it.

Thanks for any assistance on this.

David Harper