Re: ReiserFS + 2.4.4

Ilya Martynov wrote:
> I'm sorry but what is the problem with replaying log on read only
> filesystem? It should be readonly only for user's programs that use
> mounted filesystem.

Well, my understanding is that if you have a read-only filesytem, then
you wouldn't be able to write anyting to it. Having a transaction log
replayed on a read-only filesystem would mean that the transactions are
not written. If none is written, then you can say that the journalling
filesystem is not working. If it's not working, well, your system would
be left in a not-quite-good state.

Oki