Re: bad bios (i think)

Propper family wrote:
> I just received an old acer pentium 133 to use as my linux box.  Major problem
> with it is as soon as I turn the damn thing on it fails to go thru BIOS.  It
> just stares back at me for a minute then displays "keyboard interface error"
> then after another minute "pointing device error."  I have replaced the
> harddrive with a clean one (after the problem started) and tried to boot from a
> floppy, but still no luck.  Does anybody have any suggestions???  Yes, from
> what I can see everything is hooked up correctly.  I have seen this box work B4
> the problem.

At a guess I'd say it sounds like you've got the mouse and the keyboard
plugs swapped.  This sounds kinda like what happened when I did that with
this machine.  Try swapping where they're plugged in and try again.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.