Re: Ximian Gnome gdm broken?

    Preben> Is it only me or do other experience that the new gdm with
    Preben> Ximian Gnome 1.4 don't allow you to login? It freezes the
    Preben> keyboard so one cannot use it and I have to login from a
    Preben> different machine to kill gdmlogin before I can login.

This sounds very much like the
X-4-freezes-keyboard-for-30-seconds-after-switch-from-textmode-console
problem I was having after I first installed xserver-xfree86.

Then it suddenly went away. Weird. Perhaps it went away after I
upgraded more packages from stable to unstable.

However, all my packages (except a few unimportant non-free/contrib
packages) are now from unstable, and I don't use Ximian stuff anymore.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>