problem with dpkg-buildpackage

Hello all...

I have a small problem with dpkg-buildpackage.

I have a software I upgrade from time to time with cvs, which comes bundled with a debian directory containing everything to build the .deb archive.

Usually, I just type dpkg-buildpackage in the proper directory, and everything is built correctly. But since a couple of days, dpkg gives me the following error
  "invalid sign interface specified"

I use the testing, qith a 2.4.3 kernel. I havn't studied (yet) how dpkg works, I usually use apt, but to build this software I just did what the readme told me.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Jeremy