backup strategies

Hello,

After the not so pleasant adventures of last night (see my previous mail
"unattached inode") I started realizing that instead of my root fs the
problems could have occured on my home partition, destroying valuable
data. I must admit I don't make backups on a regular basis. Now and then I
copy some important files to another (win) pc on my home LAN.
So I need better backup. What do you use?
What kind of media? Tape, CD, second hd, ...
How to backup? one full backup every month, incremental every week?
The cd solution probably has an advantage, since I could use the cd-writer
for other cd-writing too.

Thanks for your thoughts.

--
Jeroen Valcke               jeroen@valcke.com