unattached inode

Hello,

last night I ran into trouble with my system. I rebooted the system and
apparently there was a problem cleaning the /tmp directory. The system
hanged. I rebooted and was confronted with a warning. "Unattached inode
92.... /dev/hda2: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY: RUN fsck MANUALLY"
which I did. I answered yes on all questions asked. I then rebooted, same
thing apparently. Again fsck. Rebooted. Still no go.
Went to bed. Booted again this morning, no problem.
Now, I have this directory lost+found unther my / with 12k data. 9 files
The system seems to work fine, but is everything still there?
Do I have to recover files and how?

Thanks.

--
Jeroen Valcke               jeroen@valcke.com