Re: OT: Anyone using the ASUS A7V133 mainboard

Rick Commo wrote:
> Built up a new box this weekend based on the ASUS A7V133 mainboard.  Running
> a Duron 850Mhz.
>
> No major problems getting things going but am seeing something funny with
> Grub.  When I select my Debian partition, grub starts but there is a 30
> second delay before the kernel uncompresses.  Weird.  It also happens if I
> select the SUSe partition.
>
> I tried using the IBM disk (which is ATA/100) on the Primary ATA/100 IDE
> channel and it came up as HDE.  Since the box had a DVD and SUSe came with a
> DVD-ROM I tried installing that first.  It worked, but there was always this
> long delay while some part of the boot went looking for hda and hdb.  So I
> gave up and put the disk back on the primary IDE channel.

I'm not certain, but this sounds suspiciously like an A7V bios
problem...and possibly not a problem with grub.

Check out question 6 on this webpage:

http://www.asus.com/Products/Techref/Faq/Mbmm/mb200010.html

My A7V has bios version 1004 and it doesn't experience the delay.
Incidently, my Promise driver is at 2.01 (build 28).

HTH,
--
Mike Brownlow                        http://www.wsmake.org/~mike/
1024D/8AA6EAFD 3861 96B3 EEA2 285C BE23  F706 3E1E EBB2 8AA6 EAFD