gnome problems

I had installed gnome through debian CDs from a local magazine.
Now Gnome is working, but many functions are missing and doesn't look
like a complete gnome at all. Also, If i click on the properties tab
of any gnome item, Gnome segfaults, then restarts. SHould I do
a complete reinstall of Gnome, or can I upgrade it? If so,
What should I add in My sources.list? and what should I say to
apt-get to do?

--
 Regards,

  V.Suresh.