Re: ISDN packages broken?

In article "Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee@inka.de> wrote:
> when I do /etc/init.d/isdnutils restart (after configuring everything
> properly(?)) on my Debian 2.2r2 System with Kernel 2.4 packages (from
> the Bunk kernel 2.4 distro),  I get the following error messages:
>     Restarting isdn services :/dev/isdnctrl: No such device Sorry - this
>     system lacks PPP kernel support Check wether you configured at least
>     the ippp0 device!

Thanks for all the replies! I found out what the problem was: my card is
not supported by the HISAX drivers in the kernel because it is an AVM Fritz!
card v2.0 (I didn't suppose the version number makes such a big
difference). After installing the CAPI driver from AVMs web page
together with the ISDN packages for Potato (which were kindly provided by
Achim Steinmetz) everything works fine.

Felix