Re: CVS file permission problems

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 11:10:23AM -0500, Hanasaki JiJi wrote:
> I have created a new file and checked it into CVS.  It's mode comes
> out as 444 in the CVSROOT subdir.  Noone else can check it out.  Could
> someone please explain this to me?
>
> Since I checked it in and left it unlocked, I would like others to
> be able to check it out add read it with no problems.

you didn't actually add the file to the CVSROOT directory, did you?
/path/to/repository/CVSROOT is used for cvs adminstrative files, not
for actual files you wish to place under source control.

take a look at http://cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs.html for a good
overview of how to get around with cvs.

--
Nathan <poznick@conwaycorp.net>
PGP Key: http://drunkmonkey.org/pgpkey.txt

"There's no need to be formal, Mr. Martin. Please-take off your pants."
-Joel (as Prof. von Dornheimer). #420