Re: The Perfect Debian / Personal Computer

Hall Stevenson wrote:

> Your problem sounds like a Plug-n-Play one. A similar problem occurs
> with some network cards. Disable PnP on the card. Also, in your BIOS,
> disable the "PnP Operating System" option if you have one. From what
> I've read, that should read "Windows", not "PnP O/S".

Hmmm, I'll try it, but I have my doubts.

You see, the modem actually does work in the sense that you can send
'AT' strings to it and get 'OK''s back.

It's just that it never can dial and make a connection successfully.  It
seems a more subtle problem than I would think you would have from an
PNP difficulty.

All the same, thanks!  :-)