Re: Lilo problem after kernel reinstall: LIL-

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 03:14:16AM -0700, Tiarnan O'Corrain wrote:
> Hey all...
>
> I recompiled my kernel 2.4.2, and did all of the System.map,
> vmlinuz copying, then ran LILO (which seemed quite happy).
> However, when I boot the computer, I get the following prompt,
> after which it freezes:
>   LIL-

as /usr/share/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz states:
   LIL-   The descriptor table is corrupt. This can either be caused by a
       geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/map without running the map
           installer.

Well.. better boot up with your rescue disc/cd and check your lilo.conf
again, rerun lilo with 'lilo -v -v' to see what's really happening and
carefully check the output

--
Mark Janssen                     Unix Consultant @ SyConOS IT
E-mail: mark@markjanssen.homeip.net    GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178