Re: documentation rant

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> <rant>
> I am sooooo sick of spending hours crawling over HOWTOs from LinuxDoc just to
> find out that the documentation is wrong! Worse, tons of people know it's
> wrong, and no one, not the document maintainer, or anyone who's already gone
> through the process of finding out it's wrong, has bothered to update the
> incorrect document! This is _the_ #1 discouraging element in Linux today! I'm
> sorry, but I can't know everything, and I need good HOWTOs to get through some
> tasks. If there are coders reading this who haven't bothered to update docs
> lately, please take the time! I hate it too, but it helps sooooo many people.
> </rant>

Clearly you havn't spent nearly enough time attempting to find any sort
of useful documentation at all under windows...

Personally - the linux HOWTOs are soooo far ahead of anything under
windows, that I can put up with these probs and just ask the list when
they fail.

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

			Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/
dcpurton@chariot.net.au