Re: debian install

Artem Litvinovich wrote:

On installing debian...

Since I cant get easy access to any floppies, I burned an image of a debian
2.2r2 cd (only the fist cd, for now). I booted from the CD and created the
necessary partitians. Mounted root on one of them. Here I run into a
problem...
The next step is to install the kernel, I select "install from CD" and after
being prompted to insert the DEBIAN CD, a message pops up that says "could
not mount the CD" or something to that effect. What to do? Any way I can
avoid floppies?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
//Artem

Sounds to me like you burned the wrong CD... I could be wrong though.