VMware

VMware works fine under root but for some reason refuses to work under another user.  It keeps on insisting that it doesn't have permission even though every file - windows.cfg, windows.dsk, windows.log, windows.nvram has definitely been set rwx.  The path is also undoubtedly correct.

VMware does not yet, for some reason, certify or support Debian/Progeny as a host Linux Dist.so I have been reluctant to approach them yet even though our VMware is bought and paid for.  I love VMware and want to get it working properly so if anyone has any idea what might be going on their help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hans Elfert