Re: release info

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001, Artem Litvinovich wrote:
> Anyone have ideas on when a stable release incorporating the 2.4 kernel will
> be available? (woody i think)
>
> ...pardon the newbieness, just decided on potato over RH7.1
> //Artem

Artem,

Welcome aboard!  You can run the 2.4 kernel on potato, though I have
no personal experience doing so.  For instructions, see the featured
link on the main debian.org webpage.  As far as release of woody, I
recall a recent message (on debian-dev I think) that gave from an
optomistic November 2001 timeframe to a pessimistic March 2002
timeframe, IIRC.  For more info, search archives (lists.debian.org) on
debian-dev mailing list.

Hope this helps and take care,

Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics