Re: Snarled console after X 4.0.2 runs.

* Robb Kidd (rkidd@ncmec.org) [010425 17:27]:
> 	X snarls the F1 - F5 text consoles, but runs fine itself. Killing the X
> server does not unsnarl them.

<snip>

> I noticed the many messages about disabling the framebuffer
> (CONFIG_FB) and recompiling the kernel, but I do not see that config
> entry in "make menuconfig" (or less'ing about in the generated .config
> file). Do I add this line? Have I misread and should be recompiling
> XFree86?

Disabling framebuffer is the only only way I've been able to "solve"
this. Like you mention, I've seen other people post about the problem,
but no solutions.

I've got a Matrox G400 video card. I have the problem with the Matrox fb
driver in the kernel, the plain VGA driver, I've tried Matrox's modules,
and kernels up to 2.4.2. I did not have the problem with 2.2.xx, nor
have I tried it with kernel 2.4.3-acXX.

Regards
Hall