Snarled console after X 4.0.2 runs.

	X snarls the F1 - F5 text consoles, but runs fine itself. Killing the X
server does not unsnarl them.
	I apologize for bringing up this routine question. I've seen several
posts about this in the archives and still cannot solve this problem.
All this RTFM'ing has made my eyes water and I seem to not be R'ing the
correct F'ing M's.
	I've got Woody running nicely on the 2.4.2 kernel otherwise and am
trying to add XFree86 4.0.2 with an AGP 8MB Number Nine Ticket-2-Ride
video card. (server-i128)  I noticed the many messages about disabling
the framebuffer (CONFIG_FB) and recompiling the kernel, but I do not see
that config entry in "make menuconfig" (or less'ing about in the
generated .config file).  Do I add this line? Have I misread and should
be recompiling XFree86?