Re: Ximian gnome 1.4

On 25 Apr 2001 07:34:11 +0000, Viktor Lakics wrote:

> Or installing it in the debian way with dselect or apt? But what
> should I put into sources.list, and what command to use to start the
> install (This could be done even on a dialup O/N, because apt
> restarts itself from the point it lost the connection)?

deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian stable main
Maybe it#s a good idea to remove all debian gnome packages first, but if
you have gnome installed a simple apt-get update;upt-get dist-upgrade
seems ok. Else try maybe task-ximian-gnome, I don't know if that works,
though.
It's reaaally slow still, since this is not an Akamai mirror. I
currently get ~2500 B/s over cable with frequent timeouts

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government