Re: problem with making system bootable during installation

Arto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have problems in installing Debian Woody. Everything goes fine until
> "Make System Bootable", which failed. Also "Make a Boot Floppy" failed,
> even floppy is not write protected and I have only one floppy drive.
[..]
> I use compact boot floppies from
> http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/compact/
> and install from net.

im sure you understand that woody is not the stable distribution of debian?
from what i have read the boot disks aren't in that good of shape for woody
yet. i think many would suggest to install potato and if you really
want woody do an apt-get dist-upgrade after changing sources.list
to point to woody of course.

i would reccomend as minimum installation as possible of potato if your
going with woody, will make for less package upgrades, less potential
headaches  and will make the install faster. to do this, when
you get to the 2nd phase of the install, it asks you if you want
to choose simple or advanced, i would choose simple, then another
program loads, and allows you to select tasks, at that point i would
just hit tab and go to FINISH, it will install about 10MB of packages.
provided your network connection works, update /etc/apt/sources.list
and do apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade .......

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336