Re: need help configuring hosts.deny

> I have reason to belive that my computer is used as a
> relay host for spam. Walking through the logs, I found
> one ip number which has no ip name, but it connects the
> computer every hour or so and sends some mail.
>
> I want to block this address, but I have not succeeded in
> configuring the hosts.deny file correctly. This is what I have:
>
> hosts.allow: empty
> hosts.deny:
> ALL: 1.2.3.4
> ALL: PARANOID

I believe that the hosts.deny and hosts.allow file only control services
that are launched by the inetd daemon. It's possible that postfix starts
on it's own and won't be affected by any changes to these files.

Just in case it is, do you kill and restart inetd ?? You need to for the
changes to take effect.

Regards
Hall