Re: debian newbie "tip-of-the-day" signature script

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 10:32:43AM -0500, will trillich wrote:
> [ ... about fiddling with mutt to get fancy signatures ...]

What I'd really like (and implement if I had the time) is for
mutt to have an option to check on startup if .signature is a
pipe, and if so to write into it the header of the email before
reading the sig (mutt has some idea of to:, cc:, and subject:
headers *before* reading the sig).

Thus a small modification of the one sig program makes it spew
content-specific signatures :)

hmm. take that back. If I have to open .signature O_RDWR the
select() call goes crazy :(.

Ok, so have two pipes, a .signature-ctl and a .signature, and
have mutt check in... erm...

...have a listener on port N...

...on a central server....

...connected to a postgres database.

Ok, so this has gotten out of hand. More coffee, please.

--
John Lenton (john@grulic.org.ar) -- Random fortune:
Hoje eu tentei desenhar minha própria sombra. Não consegui! :(