Re: mutt's default colors (Potato)

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 04:02:11PM -0700, Steven E. Harris wrote:
> When I use mutt on my Potato system without any color settings (that
> is, no ~/.muttrc), the default colors are just about right. The
> documentation on how to change the colors is adequate. When I run mutt
> on my shell account at my ISP, there are no colors by default (that
> is, with no ~/.muttrc). If I add some colors to my ~/.muttrc, the
> colors do display properly, so it's not just a matter of my terminal
> settings not supporting color.
>
> Where are these default colors defined in the Potato mutt package? I
> looked for some default muttrc file on my system, but couldn't find
> one. Why might the mutt installed at my ISP not use any colors by
> default, while my local one does? Is there a setting to "turn on
> color" without actually specifying overrides of the defaults?

this won't answer your question :) but here's the color-relevant
portion from my ~/.muttrc --

# COLORS
# thanks to flubber@xmission.com
color  hdrdefault      brightgreen     black
color  header          brightyellow    black   "^from:"
mono   header          bold                    "^from:"
color  header          brightyellow    black   "^subject:"
mono   header          bold                    "^subject:"
color  header          brightcyan      black  "^to:"
color  header          brightcyan      black  "^date:"
color  header          brightcyan      black  "^x-mailer:"
color  quoted          white           black
color  signature       brightgreen     black
color  indicator       brightblue      brightgreen
color  error           brightred       black
mono   error           bold
color  status          brightgreen     brightblue
color  tree            brightmagenta   black
color  tilde           brightmagenta   black

color  body            brightyellow    black (((ht|f)tps?)|mailto):(//)?[^\ "\t]*|www\.[-a-z0-9.]+)[^\ .,;\t>">]
mono   body            bold (((ht|f)tps?)|mailto):(//)?[^\ "\t]*|www\.[-a-z0-9.]+)[^\ .,;\t>">]
color  body            brightwhite     black "[-a-z_0-9.]+@[-a-z_0-9.]+"
mono   body            bold "[-a-z_0-9.]+@[-a-z_0-9.]+"
color  body            brightyellow    black   "^Good signature"
mono   body            bold                    "^Good signature"
color  body            brightwhite     red     "^Bad signature from.*"
mono   body            bold                    "^Bad signature from.*"

what *I* would like to know is -- is there a way to hilite
messages in a newsgroup based on a score of some sort? how?

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP:
Curious about DISK PARTITIONING schemes? That's a frequent topic
at debian-user -- look for it in the archives at lists.debian.org
or read Karsten's approach at
	http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/partition.html

...from will@serensoft.com