Re: gnome cal? Doesn't seem to process alarms

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Steve Witt wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Rick Macdonald wrote:
>

> > Is anybody using gnome calendar (gnome-pim package)? I've tried many times
> > over the last 6 months and I've never been able to get it to do anything.
> > The specified times pass with no notification.

> Yeah, I'm on woody also and am using it. The alarms work for me. Are you
> keeping it running? As far as I can tell, the alarms don't schedule a
> background process or anything, if the program is running it will generate
> the alarm. I usually keep it minimized to keep it out of the way and still
> allow it to generate alarms.

Sheesh, yes, that's it. I launch the program from the clock the thin panel
at the top of the screen, and figured that there was a process daemon
somewhere.

If I have the gnomecal window open, then it works. If I have the window
open or iconified and click on the clock again, I get a second gnomecal
window.

Not what I'd expect at all! I'll write to the author...

...RickM...