Re: isdn routher

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Brian Smith wrote:

> I'm trying to build an isdn router using linux,
>
>  [...]
>
> an old pc and isdn card, I noticed isdn modules in the install list
> when I installed potatoe, are these made for building a router ?
> does anyone know of an isdn card that is definitely supported ?

A very good supported card is the german fritz!card from AVM, Berlin. Use
the pci-version if possible. It is supported by the hisax-module.

A non-debian solution for a isdn-router could be fli4l (www.fli4l.de) -
maybe easier than learning all by yourself, although less challenging.
The german Linux-Magazin had a nice article about building an isdn-router
via debian GNU/Linux some weeks ago, but that won't help you much i
suppose.

Karsten

--
Karsten Heymann