Re: Keyboard language settings in woody

On Die, Apr 24, 2001 at 09:41:59 +0200, Willi Dyck wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> after upgrading to woody, my keyboard language setting is US, but only
> on the console. No prob. in X. My question now, how/where can I change
> this back to germany?
> TIA
> MfG/Regards, Willi

Hi Willi,

there has been a thread like this a couple of days ago,
by me !

In your /etc/init.d/keymap.sh is a reverence which looks for
/etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz.
Create one or copy /etc/console-tools/default.kmap.gz .

Greetz Ralf

P.S.: This solution has been orignally found out by Karsten H.

Ralf Batri
e-mail:	ralf@batri.de

gnupg-pub-key-id:4F33EE10

"Take GNU/Linux, it's for free"