Re: WinTV card not working

> running Sid updated today, kernel 2.4.3, bttv driver 7.63 and xawtv. I have
>  tried everyway I can figure to load the modules and lsmod is showing the
> tuner module is loaded but it won't work. I have tried various methods of
> have any ideas?

I remember having a similar problem after upgrading from potato to woody,
it was something with the way things were set by default in /etc/modutils.

With my current setup (kernel 2.4.2, up-to-date woody) my WinTV card works
with

"options tuner type=2"
in /etc/modutils/tuner

and an empty

/etc/modutils/bttv

I also commented out the lines

#post-install bttv insmod tuner
#post-remove bttv insmod tuner

in /etc/modutils/actions

I'm really not much of an expert, but with the default setup that comes
with woody, no matter how often I'd specify tuner type=2 (neccesary for
a Phillips NTSC tuner), it's been ignored, or at least seemed so.

regards,
Volker

--
Disclaimer: "These opinions are my own, though for a small fee they be
yours too."