Re: converting programms to windows (gcc for win ? )

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 06:57:49PM +0200, Daniel Marquez-Klaka wrote:
| i'm writing some progie's under linux, in C using gcc, of cause.
| Now i need to convert them to run under windows.
|
| My question is if there is a gcc port to windows or does anyone know
| about a free windows compiler that easy compiles ANSI C created under
| linux.

I don't know if it is _easy_, but there is cygwin
(http://sources.redhat.com).  Cygwin was made by a company called
Cygnus, but RH has it now.  It is basically a POSIX emulation layer
for windows.  They started with a library (cygwin1.dll) and gcc.  It
comes with a lot of nice *nix utilities that make using a windows
system almost bearable.

-D