Gnus as email client (was: GUI Email program)

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 06:26:27PM +0200, Dominique Deleris wrote:
> I've just discovered Emacs+Gnus, and it's TERRIFIC !
>
> I've dropped evolution & balsa. Emacs is so cool and powerful...

I would like to know what is it that you like so much about
Emacs+Gnus?  I am not trying to be sarcastic or something like that.
I have tried to configure gnus a few times for using with email and
found it a frustration to get working.  In which ways would gnus be
better than mutt and pine for example?  Maybe I never saw it working
properly.

I like emacs and use it regularly, but could never understand why the
gnus users are so enthusiastic about using gnus for mail.

Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336.  Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536
     "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that