Re: mutt and the running emacs

At Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:12:54 -0700 , Jim McCloskey <mcclosk@ling.ucsc.edu> wrote:

>I'm migrating from emacs RMAIL to mutt and liking it (mutt) more and
>more. Within mutt, I have the editor set to emacs. But I always have
>emacs running anyway, so there's an annoying duplication when mutt
>starts its own emacs session. Is there any way to cause mutt to use an
>already running emacs as its editor?

Check the emacs documentation on how to run the emacs-client/server... back when I used emacs I remember finding pages on the web about using the emacs-client with mutt.

A quick google search shows ... http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~jani/mutt/muttemacs.html

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!