Re: startx asking for a password

On Tuesday 24 April 2001 01:43, Mike G wrote:
> hi,
> 	I'm running potato, and when I try to startx I get something like
> password:
> password:
> password:
> Any one got any idea of this?
> PS: I interrupt it happily with ^C
looks like it asks for root (or another user) through "su". I am not sure
about that but try it as root if that happns again then i don't know what the
prob is but if not then you should check the preferences for X whether it is
configured to be used not from root.

cheers,
Raffaele
--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"