Re: AVI player?

Hello,

Just adding my 2 cents worth....

BE CAREFUL installing aviplay.  You cannot do it (in my experiance) if you are only using stable potato.  Many of the packages you need can only be found in either woody or unstable.

Also, I have not been able to find a way to get avifile to resize the movie to fullscreen, I could only play it at the default size.

Janet Post
j.post@sparton.ca

>>> Jaye Inabnit ke6sls <ke6sls@snowcrest.net> 04/23 10:57 AM >>>

   Hi Andrzej,

Packaged for potato - No. The best player I've found in my search was
avifile. Do a search for it:  www.freshmeat.net  Don't have the url handy or
else I'd add it. The others I tried were very sluggish or didn't work at all.
BTW, it is also known as aviplay (the binary). YMMV.

tatah