Re: Simple Linux Dbase4 database application?

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 08:20:07PM -0700, Abner Gershon wrote:
> Is there a simple open source Linux database program
> available that can access Dbase IV file types. I have
> many Dbase IV files with personal and scientific
> information such as a CD library, address file,
> medical information, 35mm slide catalog which I now
> access via Lotus Approach.

Programs that actually mention version 4:

   libxdb - xbase compatible C++ class library
   dbview - View dBase III files

Programs that probably do, too:

   dbf2mysql - xBASE <--> mySQL
   dbf2pg - Converting xBase files to PostgreSQL
   dbf - xbase manipulation package
   libdbf1.6 - xbase manipulation shared library
   libdbf1.6-dev - xbase manipulation static library and headers

All of this in unstable.

(apt-cache search is a wonderful tool -- use it)

--
John Lenton (john@grulic.org.ar) -- Random fortune:
	E mais facil vencer um habito hoje do que amanha.